Thursday, November 11, 2010

Graphic Design in Spain


Our most recent assignment was to set out into the city of Madrid and to spot advertisements that we found graphically interesting. For me this was a very exciting task. I consider myself a very visual person. The way I absorb and communicate information the best is through images. For this reason I am always noting the graphic design of billboards, logos, posters etc. My favorite advertisement that I saw was one of the many ads in the Metro. The poster was advertising the Italian School of Fashion and Design. I guess it is no surprise that a design school would have exceptional graphic design on their ad. The poster clearly communicates the message of the ad, which is simply to advertise the school to prospective students. The image is definitely eye catching and is the first thing I noticed. Yet the simple bold block lettering immediately draws your eyes. First of all, because the bright red of the font is the only color on the ad. Second it is strategically located on the right side of the poster. We read left to right and when we view images our eye tends to land on the right.Beneath this red font are the details of the school such as contact information and the address. The layout for this is very organized. Making easy for the viewer to quickly find and absorb the most important information. This poster simplistically communicates it's message in an aesthetically pleasing manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment